I’ve been relying on a lot of home remedies to make sure my skin gets enough nourishment post-partum, and the latest mask my mom showed me was an egg mask! I love it because it made my skin feel so tight and fresh after. Especially since apparently egg whites have proteins that can tighten up and firm your face. So in addition to the mask my mom did for me, today I’m sharing with you guys 7 other beauty remedies involving a simple egg!
Before applying any facial mask clean your face and neck with fresh water. Take off all cosmetics, creams, lotions, in short: everything. Use a non abrasive, non aggressive soap if necessary. When finished, pat your skin dry
Even better is to take a hot shower or a steam bath to clean and open up your pores. For some useful steam bath suggestions & tips check our steam bath page
When you have applied the egg face mask of choice make sure you take your time to lie down, place a towel under your head and neck. Put 2 cucumber slices on your eyes; or use 2 used and cooled down chamomile teabags (our personal favorite!) or 2 cotton pads soaked in rose or lavender water
1. Egg White & Honey Face Mask / Peel
Ingredients: 1 egg white, 1 tsp honey
Instructions: Mix ingredients and later onto your face. Leave on your face until it completely dries, then wash with warm water & washcloth
2. Hydrating Banana Avocado & Egg Hair Mask
Ingredients: 1/2 ripe avocado (mashed), 1/2 ripe banana (mashed), 1 beaten egg, 2 tsp olive oil
Instructions: Mix the avocado and banana together first, then mix in the egg & olive oil. Apply to dry hair 4. Egg Protein Conditioner
Ingredients: 1 egg white, 1 tsp conditioner, 1 tsp olive oil
Instructions: Mix ingredients together and apply to hair after shampoo. Leave on for a few seconds before rinsing thoroughly and wait for 15-30 minutes. Rinse with cool water!
5. Egg & Carrot Eye Mask
Ingredients: 1 egg white, 1 table spoon of finely shredded carrot (NOT baby carrots), 1 tsp aloe vera
Instructions: Beat ingredients until frothy (it’ll take about 1 minute), then apply mask around and under the eyes. You can apply using hands or a brush! But let the mask dry from 15-30 minutes. If the mask gets too dry then rinse with warm water and finish with a moisturizer.
6. Lemon & Egg Acne Scar Mask
Ingredients: 1 egg, 1 lemon’s juice
Instructions: Mix ingredients together and apply onto your face. Let it dry then rinse completely with warm water. Repeat once a week to get rid of acne and breakout scar!
7. Preventive Hair Fall Mask
Ingredients: 1 egg yolk, 2 tablespoon of fresh green tea
Instructions: Mix 2 tablespoon of freshly boiled green tea to an egg yolk. Mix together until frothy and then apply to hair for 30 minutes. Rinse with your regular shampoo and conditioner.
• Egg For Toning The Skin– Whip an egg till it becomes frothy. Apply it all over your face as well as neck. Wait till it is dry and rinse in lukewarm water. This practice would help to tone and tighten your skin.
• Egg-White For Firming Pores– Take an egg and the egg-white has to be separated from the yolk. Beat the egg white to produce a thick foam and now, apply it on cleaned face. Wait for about twenty minutes and wash off with lukewarm water. This mask helps to firm skin pores and also treat acnes.
• Egg To Reduce Under-Eye Puffiness– If the skin under your eyes seem puffy and your eyes look tired, apply a thin coating of egg white on the area under your eyes and leave on for about ten minutes. Wash off with plain water. Eggs are known to fix puffy eyes effectively.
Egg Face Pack Ideas
• Egg White-Oatmeal Pack (for oily skin) – Mix egg white and oatmeal together and apply this concoction on face and neck. This is one of the easiest skin care recipes with which you can pamper your skin if your skin type is oily.
• Egg Yolk-Olive Oil Face Pack (for dry skin) – Combine egg yolk with lemon juice and olive oil. The mixture should be applied of face and neck. This pack is very good to relieve dry skin.
• Egg-Honey-Rosewater Face Pack (to get smooth complexion) – Mix an egg with a spoon of honey and a few drops of olive oil and rosewater. Use the mixture as a face mask for about twenty minutes to get smooth complexion and flawless skin as it helps to do away with blemishes.
• Egg-Yoghurt Face Pack (to get glowing complexion) – Mix egg yolk with yoghurt and a few drops of honey. Apply on your face and wait till the pack is dry. Rinse with trepid water. This pack is effective to give you a radiant skin, naturally.
• Egg-Honey Face Pack (to remove tan and tone skin) – Mix egg white and honey together and apply it on your face. Wait for ten minutes and rinse with water. The pack helps to improve your complexion by doing away with tan.
Eggs are healthy, ideal, curative and cosmetic. You should include it in your daily meal.